Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Magnificent Seven....

Ok, so I have been meaning to post pictures of our chicks all week. I finally got around to it. Last Thursday we got 24 (it was supposed to be 26) chicks in the mail. They were so cute. I say were for two reasons; 1:they are fowl and fowl are only cute till they start pooping everywhere! 2: We had 17 fatalities last night. Yes, we woke up to 7 chicks. 5 Black astralorps, 1 Rhode Island Red and the mystery chick they sent (notice I didn't say free chick as they shortchanged me 2 chicks) that I still can't figure out what it is. So, I will order more chicks Monday and we are going to do some serious renovations on the pen. We might be eating some dog here in the future. I won't mention any names but there were white/cream dog hairs on the pen and the chicken wire was torn into a big hole. Well, I'll keep you posted. Below are some of the cutest pictures we took before the great massacre...



Aubrey holding a Black Astralorp

Sean holding a White Rock


The boys Kissing (ugh!) a Rhode Island Red


Our Chicken Bar

2 comments:

Deanna Hagge said...

Over here, it would be called the Chick Discoteque. :) Sorry for your loss. You have my sincerest sympathies.

Kim said...

Wow!! what handsome kids